Thursday, November 23, 2006

Today was Thanksgiving as a family of three. Katelyn was as excited as I was about it being Thanksgiving, greeting everyone with a big "happy Thanksgiving". I have so much to be grateful for, including a wonderful visit with cardiology yesterday for Tingting! We were able to get both an EKG and a thorough examination by one of Boston Children's Hospital's top cardiologists who doesn't want to see her back for a year! We did attempt an echocardiogram, which quickly brought the shriek from Tingting. The tech. said to me "now I've heard alot of kids cry, but I've never heard a sound like that....I think she is speaking to the dolphins". Apparently the entire cardiology department heard the shreiking, and decided that the echo could happen next year when Tingting is a little bigger :)
I think it is times like Thanksgiving when it really hits me how lucky and blessed I really am. I now have two gorgeous little girls who call me "mama". They both are healthy. We have a wonderful network of extended family and friends. I work with the most amazing people in the world, at a place where being a parent is celebrated. I am forever connected to a country where two incredibly brave birthmothers gave my girls their lives. An amazingly caring young woman fostered both of my daughters, loving them with all of her heart and giving them the security they needed in their early months to not only survive but thrive.
So tonight as my little ones sleep I give thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home