Saturday, September 16, 2006

Some history.
It is hard to believe that a year ago we were in the same area with the same friends visiting the same places. While there, a tiny, tiny baby captured Katelyn...and she held her in her lap and gently kissed her head. The baby felt warm, and I was a little worried that she might not be feeling well. We learned that she, along with another little one was waiting for heart surgery through the Tomorrow Plan.
Katelyn and I came home from China thinking of all of the little ones we were so privledged to meet. Katelyn started asking for a sister. I told her she need to ask God about it. She was quiet for a minute, and quickly responded "He said YES". Apparently He had!
Tingting and the other baby had their surgeries in December. They were in our prayers and we sent blankets and a small toy to them to let them know we were thinking of them. Katelyn continued to ask for a sister.
In February I decided to start asking agencies about their waiting children programs. Tingting was tugging strongly at my heart, but I knew that it would be miraculous to actually have her as my daughter. Even so, I found a wonderful agency which was willing to work with me. On May 15th, I got a very special phone call saying "we've got her file". As Katelyn will continue to tell me "God said YES". and He certainly did. Soon, we are heading to China for our precious daughter and sister, whose name Lianna (in Hebrew) means "my God has answered". I can't think of a more fitting name for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home